In 1915 a young Englishwoman named Margaret Gascoigne opened a school for six students in the study of her home. In 1960 The Study moved to its present location in Westmount, one of Montreal's prime residential neighbourhoods. In addition to its founder, eight dynamic women have led The Study, including the current Head of School, Nancy Lewis Sweer.
- Margaret Gascoigne (1915-1934)
- Mary Harvey (1934-1952)
- Katharine Lamont (1952-1970)
- Jean Scott (1970-1982)
- Eve Marshall (1982-1997)
- Mary Liistro Hebert (1997-2003)
- Elizabeth Falco (2003- 2010)
- Mary Liistro Hebert(2010-2011)
- Nancy Lewis Sweer (2011- present)
The Study's Early Years
McGill Queen's University Press published in 2015 No Ordinary School; The Study 1915-2015 a 168 page hard cover commemorative 100th anniversary book about The Study School.
Click here to view The Study 100 website