Celebrating 100 years of great women
The Study, a school founded by Margaret Gascoigne in 1915 in order to teach young women "things that matter," is proud of its rich history and has already begun to plan for the Centennial Celebrations. Taking place during the Centennial year of 2015-16, the celebrations will span the entire year and involve the entire Study community. A Centennial Steering Committee has been formed, and is proudly moving forward with the planning effort.
We can confirm some exciting key dates:
Book Launch: September 17, 2015
Our exciting line-up of Homecoming events (RSVPs required for all events)
FRIDAY, OCTOBER 23 - 1:30 to 3 PM
- Founder's Day Assembly to celebrate 100 years of educating women
- Judy Elder Alumna Award presentation to a Study Old Girl
- 100th Birthday Cake reception after assembly at 2:30 PM
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 24 - Starting at 5:30 PM
- The SOGA Annual General Meeting & School Tours from 5:30 to 7 PM
- SOGA Centennial Dinatoire at 7 PM.
All of the above events take place at The Study.
The price for the SOGA Centennial Dinatoire is $100.
SUNDAY, OCTOBER 25 - 10 AM to 1 PM
- Montreal Museum of Fine Arts - Montreal's Beaver Hall Group Exhibition: SOGA Group Tours at 10 AM followed by refreshments in a private room.
A celebration for the whole community:
Gala Centennial Celebration: May 6, 2016